Taylor Wiseman and Taylor is a professional services firm that has a broad base of experience in the fields of Civil Engineering, Surveying, Land Planning, and Environmental Science.
At Taylor Wiseman & Taylor, our employees are our most important asset. We are always looking for key additions to our staff who have the potential to become part of the firm’s future. We are large enough to provide a wide range of services and experience pathways, while being small enough that leadership opportunities are a reality.
Our commitment to Quality and reputation is paramount. Through the course of many years and projects, our reputation for providing consistent high-quality professional services has been realized by developing a personal commitment to Quality throughout our staff.
We are committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action. We strive to create a culture that values and respects diversity, and recognize that promoting diversity and inclusion is an integral element of our continuing quest for excellence – individually, as professionals, and as a firm.
TWT offers competitive benefits to employees and their dependents, including a matching 401(k) retirement, excellent medical/dental/vision/life insurances, flexible spending account, paid holiday, paid personal time and short/long term disability.
Please submit a pdf copy of your interest to: HR@taylorwiseman.com
Taylor Wiseman & Taylor is currently seeking individuals to fill the following positions:
Location: Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Job Title: ENGINEER, (SITE DESIGN)
Job Description: Project Manager, Civil Engineer
Taylor Wiseman & Taylor is seeking a Licensed Engineer with 10+ years of experience in Site Design to join our
Site Development Department. The successful candidate will have direct contact with clients and be involved in managing staff and designing site development projects in our Corporate Headquarters in Mount Laurel, NJ.. Design tasks will include grading, storm water systems and utilities.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Site Design
- N.J. Professional Engineer License
- Proficiency with MicroStation and/or AutoCadd and Microsoft Office Suite
Taylor Wiseman & Taylor is seeking a Land Development Engineer with 5-10 years of engineering experience to join our Mt Laurel, NJ office. The selected candidate will have experience in site design with grading, drainage. and utilities, and management skills.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT and/or PE, or ability to obtain
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation. Knowledge of computer-aided drafting and plan presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SURVEY PROJECT MANAGER
Taylor Wiseman & Taylor is seeking a Survey Project Manager with experience in NJDOT survey and right-of-way (ROW) procedures. The work will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Mount Laurel, NJ.
- Manage and lead survey work on transportation design project
- Work effectively and collaboratively with clients and in-house office and/or field staff, including surveyors, engineers and technicians
- Establish survey control and prepare Survey Control Reports
- Re-establish existing baselines and ROW lines
- Review record plans, deeds, title work, etc. and oversee preparation of a deed mosaic for project ROW plans
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of ETMs, GPPMs, IPMs and Parcel Descriptions
- Assist with proposal preparation
- NJ Licensed Professional Land Surveyor, or ability to achieve in a reasonable timeframe
- Knowledge and understanding of the Map Filing Law, and Articles 44 and 51 of NJDOT Standard Terms and Conditions of Agreement
- Experience with Trimble and Leica Survey Equipment and supporting field and office software, including Trimble TBC
- Strong software skills, including MicroStation, InRoads and AutoCAD
Hydrologic and Hydraulic Engineer
Taylor Wiseman & Taylor is seeking a Licensed Professional Engineer to perform complex hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; dam, levee and flood control facility design; floodplain mapping; storm water infrastructure design; and any associated regulatory permitting primarily in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Representative client sectors include: Private (Commercial, Industrial, and Residential) Land Development, State Department of Transportation, County Engineers Offices, and Municipal/Local Government.
- Provide hydrologic and hydraulic technical support for Land Development or Transportation project manager.
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models to assess bridge designs, flood mitigation projects, impacts to floodplains, and storm water collection systems.
- Develop design options, alternatives, or recommendations for dam rehabilitation.
- Compile and present results of engineering studies.
- Communicate project results and findings by means of project reports, oral discussions, and presentations.
- Participate in local and regional civil/water resources related organizations.
Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree, Master of Science in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree preferred.
EIT certification, PE preferred.Minimum 5 years of experience in civil/water resources engineering projects with directly related experience including:
- Working knowledge of commonly used hydraulic and hydrologic modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, PondPack, TR-20, TR-55, and StreamStats.
- ArcGIS, including 3D and Spatial Analyst.
- NJDEP Flood Hazard Area Permitting.
- PennDOT bridge hydraulic standards including scour analysis and stabilization.
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- NJDEP and PaDEP Dam Permitting, analysis, and design.
- FEMA LOMA and LOMR applications.
- Storm water infrastructure design.
Working knowledge and/or experience with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Natural Resource and Conservation Service, New Jersey and Pennsylvania Departments of Environmental Protection requirements.
Strong written/verbal communication skills. Able to work as a member of a team, as well as manage multiple complex tasks and project designs in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Survey Group Manager: Candidates should have 5+ years of experience in leading a survey group. Must possess Professional licenses in North and South Carolina. Experience in scheduling, estimates, billing, marketing and client relations helpful.
Survey Crew Chief: primary experience in boundary and topographic surveys – this candidate should have 3-5 years of field experience.
SUE Personnel: Currently seeking all positions; SUE crew leaders and SUE technicians.
Survey Technician: Candidate must be proficient in AutoCAD with experience in Carlson or Civil 3D software.